The following story is from the National Compendium of 4-H Promotion and Visibility on the National 4-H History website at
To mark the 50th anniversary of 4-H, a commemorative three cent stamp was produced. The stamp went on sale at Springfield, Ohio on January 15, 1952. An initial order of 110 million stamps were authorized.
The central design of the stamp depicts a group of typical farm buildings at the left, while in the center appears the symbolic four leaf clover, with the letter “H”. Directly below the symbol is inscribed: ‘The 4-H clubs’. Dominating the right side of the design are a teen age boy and girl, facing the club symbol. At the top of the stamp are the words “To Make the Best Better.”
This stamp is the only officially produced U.S. postage stamp in 4-H’s long history. For additional information on the stamp, the commemorative event, and other stamp efforts, visit: